With so many myths and rumors, choosing an experienced attorney to guide you through the planning and application process is an important decision.
- Only poor people need Medicaid.
- I will lose my home if I need Medicaid.
- I have to spend down everything I own before I am eligible for Medicaid.
- I will lose my Social Security, VA benefits, or pension income if I receive Medicaid benefits.
- If my spouse is in a nursing home, Medicaid will only let me keep 50% of our assets.
- If my spouse is in a nursing home, Medicaid will not consider my assets because I have a prenuptial agreement or am separated from my spouse.
- If I go into a nursing home, my spouse and minor or disabled children will have nothing.
- If my spouse goes into a nursing home, I won’t have enough income to live.
- I have to leave home and go to a nursing home to receive Medicaid assistance.
- If I gave anything away in the past 5 years, I cannot qualify for Medicaid.
- I cannot give anything away not that I know I need Medicaid.
- Once I am in a nursing home then it is too late for Medicaid planning.
- I will loose my VA benefits if I need Medicaid.